Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Carnivale

I finally got the computer back and instead of putting a zillion photos on here I'll simply provide a link to the events we've been to in the past couple weeks and you can look at the photos there.

On Saturday July 11 my Daddy and I headed to the Pictou Lobster Carnival - my mom stayed at home because she wasn't feeling well. It was a damned hot day - I got another layer set in on my tan and think I was suffering from mild heat stroke at the end of the carnival.

There was an exciting encounter between a lobster boat and a helicopter. It was a conflict between what I have come to refer to as Nova Scotia time (as in *not* on time) and military time (as in *precisely* on time) and a fundamental lack of communication between the two entities. I'll try to get that video uploaded if I can - it's pretty neat.

We also went to the Fishing Museum which was kind of neat - it was a history of the fishing in Pictou and the surrounding area.

I've also got some photos of the garden which is coming together nicely so I'll put those up in a day or so and we just went to the Parade of Sail in Halifax so I'll get those into an album as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment