Friday, July 24, 2009

Stone Cold

At long last I can post photos of the garden in progress. It's taking some time to complete because the weather has been blistering hot and pouring rain in turns. I have just a few more stones to lay and the garden itself will be complete for this year. I also want to put in some statues, fence decoration and a garden bench but that sort of thing can wait until next year after the plants have been allowed to grow in a bit.
These stones were a bitch to lay. I could only do about 10 at a time and then had to stop for a break because it was so hot the day I did it. Digging up this grass is hard labour, it's thick and deep and hard packed at the surface however given the result I think it's worth it.
I still have about 20 to lay yet in the garden and another 15 or so along the side of the house. I hope to do that today and then mow the lawn since the rain over the past two days has caused the grass to spiral out of control.

No comments:

Post a Comment