Saturday, May 23, 2009

Country Canada

Saturday dawned beautifully. I got quite possibly the best sleep I've had in weeks. A good solid 8 hours. It was glorious.


Things always take longer than you expect and although I wanted to be on the road by 7:30am I didn't get gone til almost 8am. I had to put a tarp over the expens on the roof because the humming of the wind through them yesterday was making me insane. That done I loaded up and off we went.
Sault Ste. Marie to Sudbury was incredibly beautiful. I could have looked at that scenery all day. Oh wait. I did.

I stopped to run the dogs at a school yard in some small town where I got gas and saw one of these for real. Sadly, the photos I took of the horse and carriage with the Mennonites(?) in it are still on the camera. When I have them I'll update this page.


The countryside was like a postcard.

I have way more pictures than this but again - the camera cord thing has me stumped. I'll fiddle with it and see if I can get it to to work. I *have* pictures ... and they are really nice so just imagine these green fields, old dilapitated barns and big open sky for like ... 5 solid hours and that was my day.




I arrived in Pembroke ON just before 5pm to find out that the motel I'd made my reservation at almost gave my room away ... fortunately I am now ensconced in room number 3 and the dogs are once again comatose. Just the way we like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment