Saturday, May 30, 2009

This Old House

Now that I am actually in Pictou and have internet access after four days of being off the grid I find myself so busy trying to get things done and have little time for writing.

We made a $500 purchase at Home Hardware and armed with paint, tools, and plumbing I have spent the last couple days banging, painting, washing, moving, lifting and generally exhausting myself to the point of coma like sleep.

So far I've primed and painted the livingroom, painted the kitchen, assembled at least 5 pieces of furniture and unpacked most of my belongings. My Dad, who is a godsend, has assembled the more complicated pieces of furniture, replaced my kitchen tap, smoke detector and front door handle, and started helping lay out the very big fence that's going in. My mom has helped a lot too and her organized brain thinks of things I often miss.

I do have photos but they are on a camera who's USB cable is non-functioning. I'll upload and download them tomorrow and update the progress. It's quite remarkable what a little paint and TLC will do. A new/old couch was bought today and that almost completes the livingroom.

So far I love this place. The house is coming up with small roads blocks which are not insurmountable and with a plan of action and knowlegdable help I'm confident this little house will soon be a great little home.

No comments:

Post a Comment