Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Beyond Baths

It's safe to say I'm sick of painting. Too bad I have three more rooms, all the trim and doors, ceilings and exterior painting yet to do. I have completed the main rooms though and that is a load off.

I love the bathroom now. Of course, it's easy to love something when you worked very hard to erase this:
My gawd who chose that color? I hope I never meet them. I had to paint over it with tinted primer which did effectively cover the hideous pink and I ended up with a more livable, for a few days, gun metal grey bathroom - like so ... Like my duckies? A couple days ago I painted the first coat of the pretty blue I chose and then today I finished the final coat. It's safe to say I love the bathroom now. The dragonflies are so cool. You push metal pins into the walls and then the magnetized dragonflies just stick to the pins. It looks neater in person. You can't see it but there's a starfish pendant on the cabinet ... so pretty. Please ignore the 'over paint' on the ceiling ... it's getting painted over one day so I wasn't as careful as I am normally. (AAAHA HA HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... and so on)
It only took me two tries to get the toilet paper roll where it was supposed to be. I miscalculated the height of the towel bar which the toilet roll is underneath. Then I had to move the hook my bathrobe is on because the drill snapped off the drill bit in the hole.That picture was bought in Pictou today at a gift shop. I'd driven by the picture in a store front several times and thought I'd better get it otherwise one day it will be gone and I'll kick myself. I have enough bruises. And I love the sailboats. Why is the towel bar so high? Easy - the cats can't reach it.

So the bathroom, for now, is complete. Only things left to do are: insulate around the window, install window trim, paint the ceiling, install baseboard, replace vanity, paint the trim and door, replace the door handle. No problem.

1 comment:

  1. i love your attitude about the ceiling paint. i would be so anal about getting it all perfect the first time. you are teaching me to loosen up.

    ReplyDelete