Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Get Growing

So my garden has had a few days to think about what it's going to do for me. As it turns out it was all eager to get growing. I have little cucumber leaves popping up already!
There is also evidence of some peas making an appearance so I'm pretty excited. It said 10 days to germinate and it has hardly been a week. Things are so jazzed to grow here. That right there is a little pea brain.
Back into the house I decided, on a whim, to see what the heck was underneath my kitchen floor. I suspected that all of the original flooring was hardwood except the bathroom. Turns out I was right. Sooooooo ... what the hell?What I'm seeing here is the laminate floor, the foam backer, a layer of lino aaaaaaand a layer of plywood and then the hardwood. Oh, don't forget the carpet glue along the threshold. Someone glued and stapled a carpet down(in a kitchen?), someone else pulled the carpet up, put plywood down, then put lino on it. Before installing the plywood they decided not to pull the carpet underlay staples out of the hardwood. That will be a fun project. Then the last person(I presume), put laminate down overtop of the lino on plywood on hardwood. While the hardwood is in need of some TLC, a sanding and relaquer, it boggles my mind why someone wouldn't just refinish the hardwood rather than very poorly install some laminate. I guess I'll find out why when I pull up this crap job of a flooring installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment