Thursday, June 4, 2009

Room with a View

I painted the bedroom at long last. I sleep better knowing I have pictures on the walls and things are where they should be. It still smells of paint but at least it's pretty. This is the main bedroom window which is west facing. The color is not apparent but it was sort of a pale green color.
This is the bedroom door which needs a coat of paint but the trim is all getting done once the rooms are complete so I can do it all at once. I sure do like to torture myself. There's the livingroom in the background .... hideous.
This is the south wall. I painted it a dark cranberry color and the other walls are a sort of rich golden color. The room is Scottish themed which is only interrupted by a collage of Petal and that painting above the bed - I actually chose the wall color really so that painting would really be showcased. It's my very favorite piece of original art in the whole house - my friend Tanja gave it to me out of her dear departed mother's collection. I just have to look at it and it draws me in. It's one of those painting that is a mish mash of blobs close up but further away you stand the clearer it becomes. Very cool.
This is the north wall with my new wardrobe and my dresser. The hanging on the wall is a tea towel(I think) of Scottish landmarks that my mom gave me when I arrived in Nova Scotia. It sort of sticks out in this photos but it's not actually that BAM in the room.
They say your bedroom is supposed to be a haven ... this is my Scottish Haven in New Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment