Tuesday, June 9, 2009

On the seventh day ...

The fence ... is finally ... complete. It's been an educational adventure.


This is the fence with upper and lower rails installed. The rolled up package there is actually the bamboo waiting to be unfurled.
This is the fence at the back of the yard - look how straight. That's my Dad's handiwork.
There's my Dad preparing the air gun to staple, rather than hammer in, the staples we are using.
This is the neighbour's house on the east side. We had some debate over where the property line actually lay but the neighbour didn't mind, he just didn't want his cherry tree affected. Yes .. cherry tree. Nice.

My mom came out to help too. Here she is holding up the expen and admiring the view of the water tower a few yards down. She was very helpful, infinitely patient with delays and we could not have accomplished the fence without her help. Thanks Mom! Check it out. Cool huh? I love it. It literally is split bamboo pieces wired together like a mesh. Hardy, doesn't rot, hard to break, flexible and attractive ... and cheap. Sold.

It is see through to an extent but it allows light in, it's not challenged much by wind, and most importantly it keeps the dogs in.

I let the dogs out at long last into their very own yard and they first did the perimeter check and then spent quite some time rolling around in the grass. That damn Leeloo ear again. Halo seems to like the yard ... ample opportunity for hole digging which I put a stop to. She looks innocent enough here but looks can be deceiving.
And Raimi and Archer enjoying a quiet moment in the yard. Leeloo's ear thing is catching I see.
The fence was way more complicatd than I could have imagined and my Dad's help, unbidden, was invaluable and I could not have done it without him. Thanks so much to my Daddy and thanks to my Mom as well for giving him up when he could have been doing work on their house for the past few days. I can't express how much I, and especially the dogs, appreciate both your support and help!

2 comments:

  1. Not to mention, sustainable, and environmentally friendly!
    Great work! (do you think this could withstand the winters in Calgary?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I'll bet you're relieved to have place to kick the dogs out to when necessary.

    ReplyDelete