Thursday, June 18, 2009

Washer Woman

I have been steadily working on my house with various activities inside and out. First, the laundry area which will one day be sectioned off with real walls and whatnot but for now we'll have to make do with expens. The dogs were being kept in the spare room but Raimi's anxious destructive behaviour was taking a toll so I was happy to have the fence up and able to assemble the expens in the kitchen where he is safe and secure.


The laundry area was just white with a window and a door. The door, you may notice, has some issues with part of the frame - that will be fixed in the coming weeks.
The washer and dryer space is shared with the water heater - once I get the walls up all this will be hidden but for now I can live with it. So can my pocketbook. I went with a darker color because this is a south facing area and hell ... I had left over paint. This is a busy wall - it holds the washer/dryer combo, the water heater plus it's the garbage area as well and soon I'll have shelves up to store dog towels. Let's not forget the expens - there is room to walk behind them to get to the garbage and to do laundry. There's the back door again. Still not repaired but ready for it just the same. And a cat asleep on a chair. I like the dark colors because it makes the room feel warm and close instead of stark and cold. The dog collars are all hung with care on their hooks, ready for walks at any given moment. Plus there's an extra hook for a towel to dry wet dog feet as they come in from the backyard.
A better view of the expens - who else but the crazy dog lady would have expens like this practically taking up her entire kitchen?

1 comment:

  1. Ex-pens = Nova Scotia fung shui.

    Besides kitchen tables are so 1980's.

    ReplyDelete