Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Great Barrier Fence

This should be the last fence I ask my Dad to help me build. I use the word 'help' loosely here because most of what was done yesterday did not actually require two people. I held things on occasion, carried stuff and will not be getting my journeyman carpentry ticket any time soon.
During projects things always look like an unholy mess. We did decide that should there ever be a next time we will need at least 3 power cords so we're not constantly unplugging and replugging things.

It actually didn't take as long as I'd feared and after a lunch break down on Pictou Wharf (where I sampled Thai food for the very first time in my life) we installed the gate which, by the way, you can make from scratch if you know what you're doing by gawd. The lattice came through with shining colors despite it's rough start in my possession and I hope to enjoy years of it's dog/garden separation advantages in the years to come ... along with a good anecdote.

No comments:

Post a Comment