Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Green Day

The kitchen is almost complete. I intend to restain the cabinets and change the hardware at some point but for now it's pretty much as it will stay for the next few months.


Here it is in October of 2008 - no appliances and some wildlife living under the sink. I opened the sink cabinet to find a spider staring back at me. He is gone now as are several other tiny spiders who needed some convincing that they were no longer welcome in the house.

I had a soft green paint from the place I was renting - I was annoyed by the issues I'm having with the landlords so I brought the paint I'd bought with me. Take that suck-ahs. My parents found a little apartment sized stove for me and so far the oven cooks up pizza nicely. For some reason the sink wall consists of a backboard and not drywall - I'm not sure why but don't care - that's how much I care about kitchens.
I also painted down the 'hall' which is really just a passage way to the living room. This is my tiny little linen closet and atop that sits a container with some pussy willows from the park I went to almost every day for 4 years. The linen closet has some assembly issues which need to be addressed at some point but for now ... it's fine. The plan for the next few days is to paint the bedroom, bathroom, possibly the spare room, the front and back doors and to get that fence in!

No comments:

Post a Comment